Our Haleiwa store-front is open from Wednesday - Saturday from 11am - 6pm and on Sundays from 11am - 5pm.
If you have questions or need any assistance our phone lines are open Monday - Friday from 9am-5pm HST (808)622-8000.
You can also email us at [email protected]
AUCTION: KoAloha Black Label Tenor
This is a brand new, one-of-a-kind KoAloha Black Label made by KoAloha’s custom builders, Paul and Griz.
To say that KoAloha Black Labels are rare is an understatement. In all our years of carrying KoAloha we’ve only had a handful. This one has all the magic you could wish for musically and visually. Corey and Kalei review and sample this incredible new custom tenor.
Along with master grade koa you get all kinds of creative eye candy with this one. Abalone frames off every edge on this instrument as well as the rosette, end curving graft at the butt of the body and even the label inside!
The inlays on the fretboard at the 5th, 7th, 10th, and 12th fret are of origami, the Japanese art of folding paper into objects. This is done with maple wood and for a mostly monochrome design has a wonderful dimension to the “paper cranes”.
Other features include the black label logo inlay at the headstock, hipshot tuners, the classic KoAloha bowtie bridge, and the KoAloha hardshell case. If you're interested in the ultimate KoAloha tenor, we give this all our thumbs all the way up!
Includes Oahu hardshell case, humidifier, and free shipping.
This is an auction and the details are below.
1. This auction will close on Wednesday, January, 25 2023 at 4:30 pm Hawaii time.
2. This is an English format “open bid” auction. This means the bids are public and can be seen by others. The bidding starts at $5,000. Any price shown above this is the current prevailing bid. You must bid higher by at least $25.00.
3. You must log in to your TheUkuleleSite account to bid. If you don’t have an account, simply create one. From "My Account" and under the "My Auction" tab you need to set your auction name and choose when you would like to be emailed. You can also cancel bids from there.
4. We’re including Going, Going, Gone to simulate a live auction. With this feature, any new highest bid received in the final one-hundred twenty  seconds will re-set a one-hundred twenty  second window for new bids to be received. If a higher bid comes in, the two minutes will re-set again. This cycle will continue until the prevailing bid survives without being overbid within the one-hundred twenty  second window.
5. When the auction ends, the highest bid received at or above the reserve price will be the winner. We must receive your bid for it to count.
6. The highest bid will be invoiced for the full value of the bid and have 72 hours from the invoice date to pay for their purchase in full. If the purchase price is not remitted by the deadline, Hawaii Music Supply may choose to offer the next highest bidder the opportunity to buy it at their final bid price.
7. Hawaii Music Supply reserves the right in its sole discretion to invalidate any bids that it determines have been made for the purpose of collusion or undermining the integrity of the auction. In such an event, Hawaii Music Supply may re-start or cancel the auction or choose to sell to any valid bidders. By entering this auction, all bidders agree that their bids are made with the intention to purchase the instrument featured in the auction at the price of their highest final bid. All bidders agree to avoid any coordination or collusion with other bidders.
Good luck and aloha!
Other Options (Many found in the essential accessories above)
Current Turnaround Time: Amount of time it takes before shipment-
Full Setup: 7-10 Days
Basic Quality Control: 2-3 Days
BASIC QUALITY CONTROL covers inspecting the instrument for any major defects that would have been missed by the factory and any faults in construction that could potentially damage or limit the functionality of the instrument over time. Any defective instruments are rejected and replaced. We make sure that each Ukulele meets the basic standard for a brand new instrument and will be ready to play once you receive it. A final cleanup is also included after inspection before packing and shipment.
Full Setup - FREE for all Ukuleles $399 and over / $20.00 for Ukuleles from $300-399 / $30.00 for Ukuleles Under $300
-Overall QC evaluation: To find defects in construction as well as to get an overall view of the instrument and note the areas that need extra attention and adjustment during the setup.
-Saddle Adjustment: The height of the saddle is lowered to reduce the distance between the strings and the fretboard, making it easier to play than the factory setup, especially higher up the fretboard.
-Nut Slot Adjustment: The depth, width, and angle of the nut slots are adjusted to create a more comfortable playing experience especially on the lower frets.
-Fret Dressing: After adjusting the nut and saddle heights, high spots in the fretboard or uneven frets will potentially cause fret buzz, dead spots, or other unwanted problems. The frets are filed to create a more consistent level across the fretboard. We then crown the frets to return their rounded curvature back to the top of each fret creating a clear contact point for each string. We then smooth and polish the frets and condition the fingerboard to bring them back to new condition.
-Final Cleanup: We always do a final overall cleanup of the instrument to make sure it is in new condition and ready to play before it is prepared for shipment.
Rush Setup & Delivery - Additional $50.00
The RUSH SETUP AND DELIVERY service is for customers who would still like to receive everything included in the full setup but on a shorter time frame. One of our setup technicians will work overtime outside of normal business hours to complete the setup within 2-3 days of the order being placed and immediately hand it over to the shipping department for packing and shipment. The $50.00 rush charge is in addition to the cost of the full setup.
Additional services (see individual product listings to add these services to your order)
Re-stringing: We will replace the factory installed stock string set with a new set of your choosing. Select the “replace stock strings” option when adding your desired string set to the shopping cart.
Strap Button Installation: 1-2 buttons are installed to allow the use of a strap. Color options available.
Pickup installation: for players who would like the option to play or record with amplification.
Friction Tuner Upgrade (friction tuners only): We offer upgrade options for select instruments with friction tuners to be retrofitted with new geared tuners for better precision and comfort when tuning.
Left-handed Setup: Left-handed setups are also available upon request. Occasionally an additional charge may be added for compensated saddles on select models.
For more even more details and FAQ visit our Shipping Page under the Company Info tab at the header menu.
SHIPPING CARRIER OPTIONS:
FedEx is our primary shipping carrier, all orders that qualify for free domestic shipping will be sent using FedEx. UPS and DHL can also be chosen as alternative options upon checkout, USPS is only used for smaller accessory orders.
As soon as the shipping label is created you will be automatically notified via email with tracking information. All packages will be shipped with a signature requirement by default. If you do not wish to have a signature requirement you will need to notify us, either by leaving a note in the “special instructions” when adding the item(s) to your shopping cart or by emailing our shipping department directly. Any shipping related requests (hold/delay/address change) should also be directed to our shipping department ( [email protected]).
NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: You may also be required to pay import duties/taxes, this will vary depending on your location and the value of the item(s). To estimate these taxes, you can contact your local customs office. Fedex also offers a helpful estimation tool: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/international.html
UNITED STATES FISH AND WILDLIFE PERMIT: If your ukulele contains any amount of shell inlay (abalone or pearl) it will require a permit to be shipped internationally. The cost of this permit is $93.00 USD. We will handle the paperwork and file the permit for you, but the cost of all duties and fees are the responsibility of the customer.
SHIPPING COST will vary depending on the size dimensions and weight of the package as well as the destination. To get a quote, use the “Calculate Shipping Cost” link located next to the “Add to Cart button” on each listing.
This is made even easier when you are already logged in to your customer account. Follow this link to create an account if you don’t already have one go HERE.
FREE SHIPPING: All orders within the USA with a total over $500 will qualify for free FedEx 2-day air shipping.
SHIPMENT AND TRACKING NOTIFICATIONS are sent automatically via email as soon as the shipping label is created so please make sure your email address is accurate when placing the order. Outgoing shipments are picked up by our shipping carriers Monday through Friday.
ACCESSORY AND CASE ORDERS: While non-instrument orders for cases and accessories do not require the same processing time needed for instruments, they do require time for processing and packing. The typical processing time for accessory/case orders is (1-4 business days) depending on current order volume.
CURRENT SETUP PROCESSING TIMES AND DETAILS ARE LOCATED UNDER THE “SETUP OPTIONS” TAB.*
*If you would like to receive your instrument as soon as possible you can forego the full setup process by selecting the “Basic QC Only” option or by selecting the “Full Setup RUSH” option when adding instruments to your shopping cart. More details are available under the “Setup Options” tab.